DAILY DOSE

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Good Intentions Alone Don't get us Anywhere

310.Romans 7:17
But I need something more! For if I know the law but still can't keep it, and if the power of sin within me keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I obviously need help! I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it. I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time.

Romans 8:9
But if God himself has taken up residence in your life, you can hardly be thinking more of yourself than of him. Anyone, of course, who has not welcomed this invisible but clearly present God, the Spirit of Christ, won't know what we're talking about. But for you who welcome him, in whom he dwells—even though you still experience all the limitations of sin—you yourself experience life on God's terms. It stands to reason, doesn't it, that if the alive-and-present God who raised Jesus from the dead moves into your life, he'll do the same thing in you that he did in Jesus, bringing you alive to himself? When God lives and breathes in you (and he does, as surely as he did in Jesus), you are delivered from that dead life. With his Spirit living in you, your body will be as alive as Christ's!



Good intentions alone don't get us anywhere. They just make us feel better about our lack of moving forward. They also coddle our emotions and tell us that we are "doing a good job", even if we aren't "doing" anything. The self-sabotaging power of sin has kept me "stuck" for many years. Jesus wants to set us free from all of that and more. Get delivered from that dead life and allow His Spirit to be alive in you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment